Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Exile Peom I had to do for school



Exile Poem

Cold is the water in which I swim at the break of day.

Gnarled are the trees that rise above, as I walk along the path.

Soft is the sound of coming snow.

This will be the third lonely winter in a row.

Your love was like the wings of a bird in morning’s flight.

Sweet was your laughter on summer night.

Our love was simple, sweet, and bright.

Your spirit was pure, and contrite.

Now I sit alone in this weary old house with its old oak door and unkempt yard.

Laughter, an echo of joy once filled these halls.

I often wonder what might have been.

I search for you each day hoping for a sign.

Hoping you will defy natural law to end this heart ache.

I could reminisce just as it once was.

Take a walk by the lake, and watch the setting sun.

Now my life seems empty, and cold.

My heart is stricken with anguish I cannot control.

It is a shooting pain like a knife in the heart.

My heart is rimed with deaths cold frost.

You were taken in the dead of night.

Not a bird was singing all was quiet.

They came silently like a cunning serpent.

The blood ran freely as you were dragged away.

I cried aloud as I lay there watching my one true desire leave me.

It has been 3 long winters since that infamous day.

Why my love did they take you?

Why must I bear this weight?

I reasoned, and pleaded to no avail.

As I watched them sail away wind in those evil sails.

I dashed along the side of the water.

To catch a glimpse or a divine intervention, from thy heavenly father.

I finally caught up, and there you lay.

A dead young soul cold, and gray.

I shrieked my displeasure across the plains by the sea.

I rose slowly, and carried you away.

To bury you in a quiet secret place.

Up the mountain I went step by step.

I could see the mist coming from my labored breaths.

My soul crushed within my heart pounding with anguishes din.

At the Peak I looked around.

The view so pretty yet so grim.

It was a beautiful tragedy as I stared into your lifeless eyes.

I buried you up there on that mountain, and then began to cry.

I walked away without a sound.

Head hung low face staring at the  snow covered ground.

I walked out to the great rocky cliffs, and began to leap.

Falling watching the foam and waves come flying toward me.

The wind was in my face as fell to my watery grave.

I sank deep beneath the sea eyes looking heavenward.

Then I opened my eyes.

It was the same dream I had before.

When will this anguish end I miss you so.

My heart will forever ache till the good Lord calls me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment