Sunday, July 28, 2013

I've been gone for a bit



  This summer has been an interesting one. I have had little to no creative drive for music or writing at all. I sit like a little kid on the stairs waiting for the go ahead to see what santa has brought me. I sit as this little boy waiting for the music to flow into my veins. I can hear it , I know its there but its distant.

  This summer has been more of a summer of experiencing the beauty of God in our creation. Beauty where most would not see it (think flower in the sidewalk crack). Such as my drive to work bright and early at 6:30 everyday. Watching the morning traffic pass by I look at the chaos and confusion that is our world. People yelling, honking ,and talking on their smart phones and driving their overly expensive new cars. But I stand there in my dirty greasy green work shirt watching this happen with a sense of peace. Beyond their chaos lies a morning coming into its own. The sun rises up and the clouds break through the horizon to meet me each day. I look passed the traffic and on towards our creator.

  Then there is the beauty that is staring me right in the face. I spent a week of my summer up in the mountains of Montreat. It was great as it always is but many people where only in town for a night or two before I left. So I did spend sometime with my thoughts. I came to realize how much I loved and missed doing such a thing. Whether it be hammocking by the swimming hole or just driving down the "pretty road" (montreat reference).

I came to realize that our lives are so easily jumbled up with stuff. Our generation has stimulation coming from every direction. Whether its TV, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  We are battered by self doubt secretly hoping that we get a little red box showing that someone actually took the time to look at and or like something we humbly posted on a facebook page. I of course am saying that I get distracted too. I am here to say that I can be very very distracted. I am also saying that I to can sometimes secretly wish for approval .The point is, is that God seriously doesn't care about our profile picture, or our latest tweet.

So where do we go with that? How do we live our lives? These questions go right along my search for creativity. I sit like a kid on christmas waiting for creativity when I should also be sitting and be waiting for Gods call as well. As we go into college next year, or a new job , even clocking in for that early morning shift ( I am not a morning person at all) we should look for the beauty of God in all things. We should seek solitude but also find fellowship. We should seek the love of God and not be bogged down by the approval of others.

Cheers, McClain


Now since you patiently read my musing here are some photos I done snapped over the summer



"Pretty Road"  (sort of blurry)

Dances in the Old Barn

Burnett Reservoir

I-40 
Swimming at the swimming hole 

                                  
Lake Wateree (not related but still good little weekend jaunt)

Black Mountain NC













No comments:

Post a Comment