Sunday, September 15, 2013

A prayer and some pictures

Here are some pictures and a short reflection I wrote over fall retreat this past weekend in the great state of Tennessee.


Father you know my heart.
You know my weakness but you give me strength.
For I am a child in your eyes and you give me a sense of peace
So let us arise as a congregation of one for you.
Let us tear down the the veil of fear that keeps us from falling in deep love with you.
"Our preoccupation with the future is our desire to control it"
In you oh God we find a new beginning and purpose each morn.
 And how blessed we are for in you we live. Our lives travel roads you have laid out for us. "They wind through lonesome valleys , come upon brooks , discover cool springs and pools brimming with rain!" God you traveled these roads as they curved up the mountain.
At last God we see your will. Your Zion in full view !


Some pictures from the weekend.


The Lake 

Watauga 


Jared and Aaron trying to stack hammocks...apparently Jared makes a great ladder

Aaron our resident monkey 



No comments:

Post a Comment