Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Music...The Soul Healer

I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.
Ray Charles
Music, has always been an escape to me. A place where I can go and get lost in a sea of time signatures, coda's ,and chords. A place where I can dump my emotions onto the ground and pick up my guitar or banjo and just jam. Music is a part of me. Everything I hear and see, has a musical or rhythmic significance. A turn signal in rush hour, the beeping of a cross walk sign, or even the simple rustle of leaves on and autumn day. So  if your like me sit and unwind with an instrument in your hand.You will really like this band! They are called Snarky Puppy. Yes I know that is the strangest name you will ever hear for a band. But they are incredible. Hailing from the streets of Brooklyn, this soulful bunch of renegades can make you feel as if your in a gospel church, or a high class jazz bar. They're music is diverse and incredible. 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1cskIan5Jw&feature=relmfu

No comments:

Post a Comment