Friday, August 17, 2012

The quarry



          I walked along a beautiful country lane the other day enjoying all that summer had to offer.
I watched as acre upon acre of corn stretched up toward the sky. I watched as mourning doves flew from power-line to power-line. I turned off of the lane ,and walk down into the tall pine forest.  A few moments later I happened upon one of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. An old abandoned rock quarry in the heart of this farmland. The story goes that they were mining and hit a natural mineral spring. The water is a deep green almost blue green. Your body glows with its color as you swim along. Since the farm has been sold, I have been drawn to open country like this. I find myself driving on old back roads,or going fishing for no real reason. I guess its just that I can find comfort or ; closure in beautiful places like this. The farm, was my place to commune with friends, and with God. It was a place I could go and be in His creation. So I suppose I am drawn to places like this because it gives me similar Aha moments. The quarry has the fantastic echo and it is so quiet that you can practically here your heart beating. It is the most peaceful place I have been. Its almost as if this place is where I came to heal. To come back into the country and find my love for it again. I definitely will be back to this place very soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment