Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Run- Life prayer for all/ conversation with God

I want to run.
Run through the fields of a familiar place.
I want to find a hope in a heart that is filled with grace.
I want to run to the safety of the valley of comfort.
A place I can stay within  the lines of complacency.
But I feel a tug; a tug to run again.
To run to the open spaces.
The open spaces; the places the faces of things unseen.
I want I want I want.
Its selfish, melodramatic ,and jaded.
I want to be in state of service where my words are loved and not thought overrated.
It should serve as an example of a soul still working.
With some fears conquered but others oh so lurking.
Meet me here.
Raise me up.
A bountiful feast ;an overflowing cup.
You are above watching.
And here down below.
God help me be a light.
A warm light; a holy glow.
In the darkness.
In the deep.
We run this race of life never stopping and listening.
To sit by a quiet stream
Or count the stars.
To realize you know each name , not just theirs , but ours.
We are astounded by your complexity
Yet we often feel your not a reality
Help us find you
Help us know you
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment