Monday, February 11, 2013

Be thou my vision

   Call me old fashioned but I love hymns. One in particular is Be Thou my Vision. It's words ring true even today. It is a 6th century Irish hymn stemming from an old monastic chant. It is amazing that these God inspired words still ring true today. We sometimes  get so caught up in the flash and spectacle that is worship. Why can't we take a break from that on occasion?

      We are called to still our hearts and minds to meditate on God. This song is a great way of doing that "Be thou my wisdom, be thou my true word,Be thou ever with me, and I with thee Lord;Be thou my great Father, and I thy true son;Be thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one." When I found this version of this song, I immediately fell in love with it. If you get the chance, stop what your doing , sit down , and listen to it. Focus on the words and what they truly mean. Remember that Christ is enough, that God payed this debt for us. Let us be thankful, let Him be our vision. Let us not cast our eyes upon that which is not eternal. "Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise:Be thou mine inheritance now and always;Be thou and thou only the first in my heart;O Sovereign of Heaven, my treasure thou art."


No comments:

Post a Comment