Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Age Old Question.

I sit here and think about my life.
What to do, when to do it.
People and their expectations abound.
I sit in this silent turmoil to scared to utter a sound.
What will become of me in these years to come.
"That is so cliche" sounding to some.
Surprisingly this is how many of my generation feel.
We sit alone in the movie theater that is our life and watch our life's rapid reel.
College, an option? A good job? A good wife? A good life?
These are The Age Old Questions.
He is with me in all dark places.
His love fills my heart,my doubts, and a poor sinners empty spaces.
With Him I can do all that I want.
The Age Old Question is what?
I sit here and listen to my house as it sleeps.
The sounds of the baseboards giving my room heat.
Warmth,security, and love are carved into these walls.
My life's memories are echoed down these halls.
This house is like Him in my heart.
He is a safe place,a warm embrace.
After toiling in the trials of a young juvenile's day.
Some say your in the prime.
I say life is hard. In your time and mine.
The Age Old Question of life is answered.
God is with me in the valley.
He is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment