Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Reconciliation Lands

    The other day, I was riding home from yet another wonderful day at the farm. We had shot skeet,rode four wheeler's,grilled steaks, and played guitar to the moon as she rose above the tree line. My dad was on the phone with a buddy going over the details of the afternoon and talking about how special it was to our family. It has been as I quote my father " a land of reconciliation". It is a holy ground. It has been in our family for close to 80 years. As I walk around the barn or through one of the fields, I can almost hear and see the many generations of my family that have gone before me. Throughout the years my family like most has had an extremely rocky road that it has traveled. But the farm is and was a place where one could go and just be. No noise, no tv, or cell phones. Just be still in the moment. It is a land where a father reconnected with his son. A land where a grandson went on wild adventures and such with his wild eyed ,and bushy bearded grandpa. Where music,good food ,and fantastic friends have been shared around a skidder rim fire pit on cold deer camp nights. It is a place where we can escape into a world of forgiveness and grace. Where all the arguments and accusations just float beneath the old bridge up turkey creek as your headed for a morning hunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment